Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ok, I officially quit

Finally went grocery shopping, which was awesome! I think we managed to go about 3 weeks, but things were getting dire there towards the end. And I kind of feel like I might be a better grocery shopper now. I try to stick to buying stuff I'm going to use in the immediate future, rather than getting things that look interesting but have no practical use.

To celebrate, we made a big breakfast, with bacon & eggs & toast. Pretty sure we ran out of bread (and end pieces, even) about 2 weeks ago, so the toast was a nice touch.

Then our neighbors had a bbq that evening. We had t 2 types of chicken: one with bbq sauce (on the right) and one with lemon, rosemary & garlic (left); french bread & mashed potatoes with gruyere and bacon (I was amazed by this concept).

1 comment:

  1. well I hoped you saved some of those PB cookies for me when I get home! (the human kind, that is)

    ReplyDelete